|Native to||Guinea-Bissau, Senegal|
bcz – Bainouk-Gunyaamolo
bab – Bainouk-Gunyuño
bcb – Bainouk-Samik (duplicate code)
See Baïnounk Gubëeher for the phonology of a closely related language, sometimes thought to be a dialect of Banyum.
There are 3 varierties of Banyum: Baïnouk-gunyaamolo, Baïnouk Samik,and, Baïnouk gunyuño.
- Bainouk-Gunyaamolo is spoken by 30,000 people in 2013. It occurs in northern Casamance River , within a triangle formed by the towns of Bignona , Tobor and Niamone or north of Ziguinchor . It is also spoken in Gambia .
- Baïnouk-Samik is spoken by 1,850 people in 2006. It is found mainly on the left bank of the Casamance River, around Samik and surrounding villages, approximately 20 km east of Ziguinchor .
- Baïnouk-Gunyuño is spoken by 8,860 people in 2006. It is found in the region of Cacheu and near São Domingos.
- Bainouk-Gunyaamolo at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Bainouk-Gunyuño at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Bainouk-Samik (duplicate code) at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Bainounk". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Hammarström (2015) Ethnologue 16/17/18th editions: a comprehensive review: online appendices