Ballyskeagh (from Irish: Baile Sceach, meaning "townland of thorn bushes") is a small village and townland near Lambeg in County Down, Northern Ireland. In the 2001 Census it had a population of 186 people. It lies within the Lagan Valley Regional Park and the Lisburn City Council area.
Places of interest
- The Lock Keeper’s House, built around 1840, Ballyskeagh Bridge, and mill cottages at ‘Nevin’s Row’ are all listed buildings.
- To the west of the Lock Keeper’s House, an enclosure, probably a rath, is situated.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ballyskeagh.|
- NI Neighbourhood Information System
- Draft Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan 2015