Pavilion Books Holdings Ltd is an English publishing company based in London.
It specialises in illustrated books and digital content.
Pavilion traces its history as an independent publisher to 2005 when Chrysalis Books Group was acquired as a management buy-out by Robin Wood, Polly Powell and David Profitt from the Chrysalis Group. Chrysalis Books Group took the name Anova Books to avoid confusion with its former holding company, Chrysalis Group. In 2014 Anova Books was renamed Pavilion Books. It has since acquired and created several other imprints. The company's sole owner and publisher is Polly Powell. The Managing Director is David Graham. Directors are Polly Powell, David Graham, Zana Hanks and Vaughan Grylls.
Current imprints include:
- Batsford, or B. T. Batsford, established 1843, by Bradley Thomas Batsford. It publishes books in various specialty categories such as applied arts, bridge, chess and horticulture. Example current publications are Millie Marotta's colouring books and the 'Then and Now' series. Prominent chairman was Brian Batsford from 1952 until 1974.
- Collins & Brown, an imprint originally launched in 1989 to focus on non-fiction publishing.
- National Trust Books, a new imprint established by Pavilion to target National Trust members and others interested in gardening, cooking, and similar topics.
- Pavilion Books, founded in 1981 and focused on cookery, lifestyle, photography, art and related subjects.
- Portico, a new imprint offering works of humour and other non-fiction subjects.
- Robson Books, publishing works by diverse authors such as Alan Coren, Matthew Parris, Jack Rosenthal, Dannie Abse, and Alan Sillitoe.
- Salamander Books - publishers in the UK of the Then and Now series of books
- Rose, Jonathan. "Batsford, Bradley Thomas". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/38976. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- http://www.thenandnowbooks.com/pavilion - In the United Kingdrom the books had been published by BT Batsford since the 1960s, whereas in the USA the publishers are Thunder Bay Press of San Diego as well as Trafalgar Square in Chicago.