Investing in the future of primary care property
|Public (LSE: AGR)|
|Headquarters||Warrington, United Kingdom|
Simon Laffin, Chairman |
Graham Roberts, CEO
|Revenue||GB£61.0 million (2016)|
|GB£52.3 million (2016)|
|GB£27.9 million (2016)|
|Subsidiaries||Assura Properties Plc|
Assura plc is a British-based property business headquartered in Warrington. It develops property for primary care. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business was launched as The Medical Property Investment Fund in 2003 and became listed on the London Stock Exchange in that year. The name was changed to Assura Group in 2006. In 2008 the company bought new premises for expansion in Halton. Assura sold its Assura Medical division to Virgin Group in 2010, which rebranded it as Virgin Care.
It acquired AH Medical, another primary healthcare business, in 2011. It named Graham Roberts, a former finance director of British Land Company, as Chief Executive in March 2012. In June 2012 it decided to convert to Real Estate Investment Trust ('REIT') status.
The business invests in and develops primary health care centres in the UK. In June 2014 the company's medical centre portfolio stood at 230 primary care medical centres with a contracted passing rent of £46.3 million. In November 2014 it bought 11 medical centres, for £63.1 million, having bought 4 earlier in the month.
- Annual Results 2016
- Park office for healthcare specialist Assura
- "Assura founder quits after selling clinics to Virgin". The Times. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- Eversheds scores sale of AH Medical to Assura Group
- Assura Group names former British Land Company director as chief executive
- Assura Group slides to a loss
- "Acquisition of 28 Medical Centres for £107 million". Assura News. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Assura buys 11 medical centres for £63.1m". Health Investor. 13 November 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.