Nick Raphaely, |
|Services||Secured loans, Personal asset loans , Collateral loan,|
Number of employees
Assetline is an Australian-based specialist in personal asset lending or pawn broker that offers short-term loans secured against collateral and personal assets such as jewellery, watches, gold, art, boat, cars, fine wine and other valuables.
Assetline was established in 2013 by Nick Raphaely and Steven Beinart to offer investors, collectors and high-net-worth individuals a way of accessing funding and unlocking liquidity held in alternative assets, similarly to overseas counterparts such as borro. Since the Global financial crisis there has been an increase in people and businesses looking past conventional banks and to alternative sources of funding, such as peer-to-peer lending and crowdsourcing finance.
- Asset based lending
- Alternative investment
- Alternative financial services
- Non-bank financial institution
- Mitchell, Jake (April 2013). "Alternative finance emerges from tight credit". Australian Financial Review. Sydney.
- Garcia, Jay (23 April 2013). "From Love to Liquidity" (PDF). CEO Magazine. Sydney.
- Hammond, Michelle (22 April 2013). "Credit squeeze leads to personal lending opportunity for start-up Assetline". StartUpSmart. Melbourne.
- Hayes, Jacquie (15 December 2013). "Where the über rich go for ready cash". Australian Financial Review. Sydney.
- "Aussie businesses use jewellery to maximise 'business potential'". Jewellery World. Sydney. 22 April 2013.