|Place of origin||Iran|
|Variations||can be made with meatballs|
|Cookbook: Ash-e doogh Media: Ash-e doogh|
Ash-e doogh is usually made with yogurt or doogh, a savory type of soda yogurt, as well as different kind of vegetables such as coriander, leek, tarragon and garlic, lamb meat balls, peas, eggs, rice, onion, salt and several types of spices. Fried mint with lots of oil (and sometime garlic) is used as a topping for the soup.
Some people prefer to make this soup with yogurt whereas others prefer soda yogurt. Soup made with yogurt is sweet while the one made with soda yogurt is sour.
- List of soups
- List of yogurt-based dishes and beverages
- Āsh, a genre of soup dishes from Iran
- Ash reshteh, Iranian noodle soup
- Dovga, a similar Azerbaijani yougurt soup
- Tarator, a similar Balkans dish
- Toyga soup, a similar Turkish
- "Ash-e Mast (Persian Yogurt Soup with Meatballs)". Sabzi. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- Wannabecook (2011-04-26). "Iranian Bakeaholic: Ash-e Dugh or Ayran Ashi, Yogurt Soup". Iranian Bakeaholic. Retrieved 2016-03-26.