|Origin||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
Aranda is an American rock band from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States. The band is composed of Dameon and Gabe Aranda. Their latest album Not The Same was released via Wind-Up Records in June 2015.
Dameon and Gabe Aranda have been creating music since an early age. The band became Aranda in 2001 after years of playing locally in Oklahoma City with various groups under various names such as "Image" and "Freewill" in the 1990s. Original drummer Armando Lopez left the band in 2003 to join No Justice. Mike Walker joined the band to record "The 405 Sessions" in 2004 and became a permanent member when the band signed to Astonish records in 2006. The band's first full-length record, Aranda, was released on April 22, 2008. The first single, "Still in the Dark", peaked at No. 31 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. Aranda has toured with bands like The All-American Rejects, Buckcherry, Sevendust, Anew Revolution, Since October, Edisun, Saliva, Shinedown, Puddle of Mudd, Theory of a Deadman, Black Stone Cherry, Shaman's Harvest, and Tantric. They also were on tour with Halestorm, Adelitas Way, 3 Doors Down, and Daughtry. In 2010 Aranda performed at Rocklahoma in Pryor, Oklahoma. They were nominated in 2012 for a RadioContraband Rock Radio Award for Indie Artist of the Year. In 2015 it was announced that Aranda will perform at the 10th Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio in May 2016.
Stop The World (2010-2014)
Aranda announced via Facebook their new album will be called "Stop the World", and on July 1, 2011, they released the first single entitled "Undone". On January 31, 2012, their new album "Stop the World" was released on iTunes. The CD was produced by Grammy Award nominated producer Johnny K, and has 10 songs, including their first single "Undone". Aranda became signed to Wind-Up Records in mid-2012.
Not The Same (2015-present)
On June 30, 2015 Aranda released their third studio album Not the Same featuring the tracks “Don’t Wake Me” and “We Are The Enemy”. Produced by Kato Khandwala, the release peaked at number 12 on the Billboard Heatseeker Albums Chart.
In popular culture
- "Whyyawannabringmedown" was used as official theme for WWE's PPV The Bash, and later, recorded by Grammy Award winner Kelly Clarkson.
- "All I Ever Wanted" was also recorded by Kelly Clarkson for her fourth record, which was named after the song, and is the fourth single from the album.
|2008||"Still in the Dark"||31||Aranda|
|2011||"Undone"||24||Stop the World|
|"One More Lie"||15|
|2015||"Don't Wake Me"||17||Not the Same|
|"We Are the Enemy"||18|
- "Still in the Dark - Aranda | Song Info". AllMusic. 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Aranda - Aranda | Awards". AllMusic. 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Lineup For Rock On The Range 2016 Includes LAMB OF GOD, AT THE DRIVE IN, GHOST And More!". Metal Injection. 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Aranda". Arandamusic.com. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Not the Same - Aranda | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Aranda - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Aranda - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-09-06.