Arame of Urartu
|King of Urartu|
Arame has been suggested as the prototype of both Aram (and, correspondingly the popular given name Aram) and Ara the Beautiful, two of the legendary forefathers of the Armenian people. Khorenatsi's History (1.5) puts them six and seven generations after Haik (Khaldi), in the chronology of historian Mikayel Chamchian dated to the 19th to 18th century BC.
- History in Africa, Volume 2, p. 93. African Studies Association., 1975.
- The Ancient Assyrians - Page 12 by Mark Healy
- "Արամ" in H. Ačaṙean (1926-35), Hayocʿ Anjnanunneri Baṙaran (Yerevan: Yerevan State University), 2nd ed., 1942-62
- Lang (1970), p. 85.
- Авдиев В. И. «История Древнего Востока», М.: «Высшая школа», 1970, с. 419 420.
- David Marshall Lang, Armenia: Cradle of Civilization (1970).