April 2016 Baghdad bombing
|April 2016 Baghdad bombings|
|Part of Iraqi Civil War (2014–present)|
|Date||30 April 2016|
|Perpetrator||Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant|
On 30 April 2016, a car exploded in southeastern Baghdad, targeting Shia pilgrims, walking to the Kadhimiyah shrine. It resulted in at least 38 deaths and 86 other wounded, according to local police officials. Numbers may still increase. However, other government security officials suggested, the target was an open-air market.
- 2015–16 Iraqi protests
- List of terrorist incidents, January–June 2016
- Terrorist incidents in Iraq in 2016
- Timeline of the Iraq War (2016)
- Adel, Loaa (1 May 2016). "Samawah explosion casualties jump to 38 dead and 86 wounded - Iraqi News". Iraq news, the latest Iraq news by Iraqi News.
- "Baghdad: Car bomb kills 21, injures 42". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 2016-04-30.