Daniels during his tenure with the Wizards in 2007
March 19, 1975|
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
St. Francis DeSales|
|College||Bowling Green (1993–1997)|
|NBA draft||1997 / Round: 1 / Pick: 4th overall|
|Selected by the Vancouver Grizzlies|
|Number||33, 10, 6, 50, 22|
|1998–2002||San Antonio Spurs|
|2002–2003||Portland Trail Blazers|
|2008–2009||New Orleans Hornets|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Points||6,623 (7.6 ppg)|
|Assists||2,934 (3.4 apg)|
|Steals||564 (0.6 spg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
After playing college basketball at Bowling Green, Daniels was selected by the Vancouver Grizzlies with the fourth overall pick of the 1997 NBA draft. On June 24, 1998, he was traded to the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for rookie Felipe López and Carl Herrera. He helped the Spurs win an NBA championship in 1999. On August 5, 2002, Daniels along with Spurs teammates Charles Smith and Amal McCaskill was traded to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for Erick Barkley, Steve Kerr, and a conditional second-round pick in the 2003 NBA draft. He later signed as a free agent with the Seattle SuperSonics. After his run with the Sonics had come to an end, he signed with the Washington Wizards.
He was sent to the New Orleans Hornets in a three-team trade with the Washington Wizards and the Memphis Grizzlies on December 10, 2008.
On September 9, 2009, he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks along with a 2014 second round pick in exchange for Bobby Brown and Darius Songaila. On September 24, 2009, Daniels agreed to a contract buyout.
On November 1, 2010 Daniels was selected by the Texas Legends of the NBA Development League in the second round (pick 13) of the 2010 NBA Development League Draft.
On April 5, 2011, Daniels was signed to a 10-day contract by the Philadelphia 76ers. He returned to Texas Legends for the next season.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
|†||Denotes seasons in which Daniels won an NBA Championship|
- "HORNETS ACQUIRE ANTONIO DANIELS FROM WIZARDS". NBA. December 10, 2008. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Dallas Acquire Antonio Daniels from New Orleans". NBA.com. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- "Dallas Request Waivers on Antonio Daniels". NBA.com. 2009-10-24. Archived from the original on 28 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Texas' Antonio Daniels Signs With Philadelphia 76ers". NBA D-League. April 5, 2011. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- "ANTONIO DANIELS REJOINS THE LEGENDS". NBA D-League. January 17, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- "Antonio Daniels named Thunder Live analyst for FOX Sports Oklahoma". Fox Sports. October 22, 2015. Retrieved August 1, 2016.