|Edited by||Chris Scarre|
|Founded by O.G.S. Crawford in 1927|
(2015 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2016))
Antiquity is an academic journal dedicated to the subject of archaeology. It publishes six issues a year, covering topics worldwide from all periods. Its current editor is Chris Scarre, Professor of Archaeology at the University of Durham. From 2015, the journal is published by Cambridge University Press.
Antiquity was founded by the British archaeologist O.G.S. Crawford in 1927. The journal is owned by The Antiquity Trust, a registered charity. The current trustees are Graeme Barker, Amy Bogaard, Robin Coningham, Barry Cunliffe, Roberta Gilchrist, Chris Gosden, Anthony Harding, Paul Mellars, Martin Millett, Nicky Milner, Stephanie Moser, and Cameron Petrie.
List of editors
- O.G.S. Crawford (1927 to 1957)
- Professor Glyn Daniel (1958 to 1986)
- Christopher Chippindale (1987 to 1997)
- Caroline Malone (1998 to 2002)
- Professor Martin Carver (2003 to 2012)
- Professor Chris Scarre (2013 to present)
Editorial advisory board
The international editorial advisory board has 25 members from Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, UK and USA.
- Finnegan et al. (2002), p. 146
- Scarre, C. 2014. 'Editorial', Antiquity, 88: p. 1034
- Jim Cole; Tony Stankus (25 February 2014). Journals of the Century. Routledge. pp. 146–. ISBN 978-1-317-72014-0.
- "DANIEL, Prof. Glyn Edmund". Who's Who 2013. A & C Black. November 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "CHIPPINDALE, Christopher Ralph". Who's Who 2013. A & C Black. November 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "MALONE, Dr Caroline Ann Tuke, (Mrs S. K. F. Stoddart)". Who's Who 2013. A & C Black. November 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "CARVER, Prof. Martin Oswald Hugh". Who's Who 2013. A & C Black. November 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Prof Chris Scarre, MA PhD FSA". Staff. University of Durham. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Finnegan, Gregory A., Joyce L. Ogburn, and J. Christina Smith (2002). "Journals of the Century in Anthropology and Archaeology", Journals of the Century, editor Tony Stankus, New York: Haworth Press, pp. 141–150, ISBN 0-7890-1133-6, OCLC 49403459