|No. 75 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||November 4, 1993|
|Place of birth:||Mesa, Arizona|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||316 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Tempe (AZ) Corona del Sol|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Andrus Jamerson Peat (born November 4, 1993) is an American football offensive tackle for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Stanford. As a high school senior, he was considered the best college football recruit by Sporting News. He committed to Stanford on February 1, 2012.
High school career
Peat attended Corona del Sol High School in Tempe, Arizona, where he was a letterman in football, basketball and track. In basketball, he played as a center, leading his basketball team to win the Division 1 state championship as a senior. In track & field, Peat competed as a shot putter and discus thrower.
By May 2011, Peat received 38 scholarship offers from college football teams. As of December 2011, Scout.com ranks him as a five-star recruit and the second-best offensive tackle in his class, Rivals.com rates him as a five-star recruit and the third-best offensive tackle in his class, and ESPN grades him out at 83 overall and the 16th-best player in his class. He was considered the best recruit in his class by Sporting News. He committed to Stanford on February 1, 2012. He was offered scholarships from Nebraska, Florida State, USC, Arizona, UCLA, Colorado, LSU, North Carolina, Oregon State, Clemson, Washington, Kansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Arizona State, Florida, Notre Dame, Michigan, Texas, Alabama, Miami, and Oregon.
After his junior season, Peat entered the 2015 NFL Draft.
2015 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6⅞ in||313 lb||34⅜ in||10⅝ in||5.18 s||1.81 s||2.98 s||4.62 s||8.01 s||31 in||8 ft 9 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
New Orleans Saints
On May 21, 2015, he reached an agreement with the Saints on a four-year, $11.39 million contract. It also included a $6.54 million signing bonus and is fully guaranteed. He began the 2015 season as a backup offensive guard. On September 20, 2015, he received his first career start at left guard in a loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. During a week 6 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons, Peat suffered a leg injury that would force him out of action for the next 3 games. He finished his rookie campaign with 8 starts and played in 12 games. Throughout the season he split starts with offensive guard Tim Lelito.
Peat began the season as the starting left guard but started week 3 and 4 at left tackle after Terron Armstead suffered a knee injury.
Peat is the son of former offensive guard Todd Peat, who played for nine seasons in the National Football League for the St. Louis/Phoenix Cardinals and Los Angeles Raiders. His older brother, Todd, Jr., is a former defensive tackle for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. His younger brother, Cassius Peat, is a defensive end for the Michigan State Spartans. He has 6 siblings.
- McLaughlin, Brian (2011). "Athletic bloodlines run deep for this big tackle". Sporting News (2012 Recruiting Guide): 52–53.
- Newberg, Jamie (May 25, 2011). "Andrus Peat just next in line". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Andrus Peat Profile". Scout.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Andrus Peat". Rivals.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Andrus Peat". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Andrus Peat announces for Stanford". ESPN.com. February 1, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- Peat and Orchard Named 35th Morris Trophy Winners
- Andrus Peat declares for draft
- "New Orleans Saints pick Stanford OT Andrus Peat in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft". NewOrleansSaints.com. April 30, 2015. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- "New Orleans Saints agree to terms with top pick Andrus Peat on four-year contract". NewOrleansSaints.com. May 21, 2015. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- "NFL Player Profile:Andrus Peat". NFL.com. Retrieved October 13, 2016.