American Urological Association
|Purpose||To promote the highest standards of urological clinical care through education, research and in the formulation of health care policy.|
|Dennis A. Pessis, MD, FACS|
The American Urological Association (AUA) is a professional association in the United States for urology professionals. It has its headquarters at the William P. Didusch Center for Urologic History in Maryland.
AUA works with many international organizations, representing urologists from across the world. These groups offer full or half day sessions, covering a variety of topics, during the annual meeting.
- Confederacion Americana de Urologia (CAU) - provides sessions in Spanish
- Arab Association of Urology (AAU)
- World Chinese Urological Society (WCUS) - founded in 2006
- Indian American Urological Association (IAUA)
- Bangladesh Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
- Hungarian Urological Association (HUA)
- Polish Urological Association (PTU)
- Sociedad Argentina de Urologia (SAU)
- British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA) - founded in 1912
- Association Francaise d' Urologie (AFU)
- International Russian-Speaking Urological Society (iRUS) - founded by Dr. Lev Elterman
- Egyptian Urological Society (EUA) - founded by Prof. Mahmoud Badr in 1947
- Pan African Urological Surgeons Association (PAUSA)
- Caribbean Urological Association (CURA)
- Philippine Urological Association (PUA)
- Societa' Italiana Di Urologia (SIU)
- Hugh Hampton Young Award: Presented annually to an individual for outstanding contributions to the study of genitourinary tract disease. This award is sponsored by Karl Storz Endoscopy-America, Inc.
- Ramon Guiteras Award: Awarded annually to an individual who is deemed to have made outstanding contributions to the art and science of urology. This award is sponsored by Bard Urological Division.
- Distinguished Contribution Award: Presented annually to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the science and practice of urology, including contributions made in a sub-specialty area, for military career service, or for humanitarian efforts.
The AUA publishes The Journal of Urology.
- American Urological Association official website
- American Urological Association Foundation official website
- William P. Didusch Center for Urologic History official website