Amanda Adams (born September 12, 1976) is an American author and archaeologist. She is also a former fashion model and was featured in the 1996 Buffalo Jeans campaign. She attended University of California, Berkeley, Department of Anthropology in the late 1990s and completed her degree with the Kroeber prize. She then obtained a master's degree in archaeology from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. Her thesis was titled Visions Cast on Stone, abstracts were published in the journal The Midden.
Adams first book. A Mermaid's Tale, was about mermaid legends from around the world. It received a starred review in Booklist. Her second book, Ladies of the Field details the adventurous lives of early, female archaeologists.
- Adams, Amanda (2006), A mermaid's tale: a personal search for love and lore, Greystone Books, ISBN 978-1-55365-117-8
- Adams, Amanda (2010), Ladies of the Field: Early Women Archaeologists and Their Search for Adventure, Douglas & McIntyre, ISBN 978-1-55365-433-9
- Shulman, Polly (22 December 2006). "A Model Archaeologist". AAAS. Science News. Archived from the original on 13 April 2015. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Adams, Amanda Shea (2003), Visions cast on stone: a stylistic analysis of the petroglyphs of Gabriola Island, BC (dissertation), University of British Columbia. Dept. of Anthropology and Sociology (thesis), University of British Columbia, OCLC 606458277
- "A Mermaid's Tale". Booklist. ALA. 15 September 2006. Archived from the original on 2 November 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Arrieta, Julio (25 May 2014). "La reina del desierto". El Correo. Archived from the original on 26 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Arrieta, Julio (24 May 2013). "La arqueóloga peligrosa". El Correo. Archived from the original on 7 June 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Ladies of the Field: Women Archaeologists and Their Search for Adventure". Publisher's Weekly. 9 August 2010. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Booklist STARRED review; September 15, 2006
- Visions Cast in Stone: The Petroglyphs of Gabriola Island, B.C. The Midden 216(2):2-9. Publication of the Archaeological Society of British Columbia
- "Hot 20 Under 40" for San Francisco
- Globe and Mail Review of Books; September 2, 2006