Alligatoah in 2015
|Birth name||Lukas Strobel|
|Born||28 September 1989|
|Origin||Langen, Cuxhaven, Lower Saxony, Germany|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, singer, DJ, producer|
Lukas Strobel, better known by his stage name Alligatoah (born September 28, 1989), is a German rapper, singer, producer and DJ signed to the independent German hip hop record label Trailerpark. He also publishes music for his two fictional characters Kaliba 69 (rapper) and DJ Deagle (producer) under his stage name. His albums Triebwerke and Musik ist keine Lösung were certified gold while the single "Willst Du" was certified platinum.
Lukas Strobel grew up in Neuenwalde, a town near Bremerhaven in Lower Saxony. During his time at school he produced a number of short films and attended a film festival where he won 750 Euros for one of his films. Strobel continues to produce his videos. On April 10, 2006 Strobel founded the band Alligatoah and created two alter egos, to separate his function as a rapper (Kaliba 69) and as a producer (DJ Deagle). According to Strobel himself, another reason for the creation of the two characters is that he does not always "want to be alone" when making music. The greatest influence for his music was German battle rap like Aggro Berlin. In 2006 he released his first album ATTNTAAT and a mixtape called Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil I. Both albums, along with his music film Goldfieber, were downloadable for free. In 2007 he published the mixtape Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil II. In March 2008 he signed a contract with the German hip hop label rappers.in. Under this label he released the album In Gottes Namen, which was awarded the best demo of the month in the January/February issue of the German hip hop magazine Juice. For this issue Alligatoah produced an exclusive track. After successfully graduating from high school, Strobel moved to Berlin. In 2011 he released the third part of his mixtape named Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil III. In August of the same year he left rappers.in and joined the label Trailerpark after Timi Hendrix, a member of this label, recommended Alligatoah. From September 2011 until March 2012 he attended together with Pimpulsiv, Sudden and DNP the PeppNoseDay Tour in Germany.
In August 2013 Alligatoah released his third album Triebwerke, which debuted at number 1 on the German albums chart. The album received a gold certification in 2014 and the single "Willst Du" reached platinum status.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|In Gottes Namen||
|Musik ist keine Lösung||
- Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil I (2006)
- Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil II (2007)
- Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil III (2011)
- Schlaftabletten, Rotwein Teil IV (Collective works from 2008 to 2011)
- Goldfieber (Soundtrack) (2007)
- Raubkopierah (2008)
- Narben (2014)
- Denk an die Kinder (2015)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Willst du" (Robin Schulz Remix)||2014||35||42||47||Prayer|
|"Denk an die Kinder"||2015||38||—||—||Musik ist keine Lösung|
Other charted songs
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Vor Gericht"||2015||59||Musik ist keine Lösung|
|"Du bist schön"||50|
|"Musik ist keine Lösung"||82|
- Goldfieber (2007)
Awards and certifications
Gold certification in Germany
- 2014: For the single "Willst du"
- 2014: For the album "Triebwerke"
- 2016: For the album "Musik ist keine Lösung"
Platinum certification in Germany
- in: Juice published February 13th 2009.
- Alligatoah unterschreibt bei Trailer Park August 8, 2011. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Trailerpark geht auf “Peppnosedays Tour 2011″ August 18, 2011. Retrieved November 22, 2015
- Focus: Alligatoah rauscht mit Triebwerke an die Spitze der Album-Charts August 13, 2013. Retrieved November 22, 2015
- Announcement of Musik ist keine Lösung on Facebook August 13, 2015. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- einslive Krone: Gewinner 2015. 1Live Krone winners 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015
- Alligatoah: "Triebwerke" geht Gold. Retrieved December 5, 2015
- Alligatoah: Gold für "Willst Du". Retrieved December 5, 2015
- Alligatoah erreicht mit willst du Platin Status. Retrieved December 5, 2015
- 1Live Krone nomination for Alligatoah. Retrieved December 5, 2015
- hip-hop.de - Alligatoah knackt erneut magische Verkaufsmarke. Retrieved April 5, 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alligatoah.|
- Official website
- Alligatoah biography at Laut.de
- Alligatoah on SoundCloud
- Alligatoah discography at Discogs
- Alligatoah discography at MusicBrainz