April 22, 1946|
Aghdam, Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic, Soviet Union
June 14, 1992 46) (aged|
Aghdam region, east of Nagorno-Karabakh
|Allegiance||Republic of Azerbaijan|
|Years of service||1988–1992|
|Commands held||Aghdam Detachment|
National Hero of Azerbaijan |
Allahverdi Teymur oglu Bagirov (Azerbaijani: Allahverdi Teymur oğlu Bağırov, Russian: Аллахверди Теймур оглы Багиров; April 22, 1946 – June 14, 1992) was an Azerbaijani officer, former leader of Azerbaijani Popular Front Party, head coach of FK Qarabağ and National Hero of Azerbaijan.
In 1988, he voluntarily enlisted in the Azerbaijani Army in the war against Armenia over Nagorno-Karabakh region. In 1990, Bagirov created his own battalion and rescued many Azerbaijani citizens from Khojali, while exchanging dead bodies of Azerbaijani soldiers with Armenian soldiers.
Bagirov and his driver both died when their car ran over an anti-tank mine during their return to Aghdam, a strategically important town as well as a major historical and cultural center. He was posthumously awarded the title of the National Hero of Azerbaijan and was buried in the Aghdam cemetery in June 1992.
- Massacre and Flight From Khojali
- His Official Biography (Azerbaijani)
- 23 iyul - Ağdamın işğal günüdür (Azerbaijani)
- Müşfiqin "Qarabağ"dan böyük sevgisi yoxdur Archived July 11, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. (Azerbaijani)
- "QARABAĞ"A SADİQ YAŞAR HÜSEYNOV (Azerbaijani)
- Ходжалы. Хроника геноцида. (Russian)
- Гасан Керимов: "Организаторы и исполнители Ходжалинского геноцида понесут ответ (Russian)
- Xocalı faciəsinə aparan yollar... (Azerbaijani)
- ALLAHVERDİ BAĞIROV (Azerbaijani)