All the King's Men (King's College London)
|All the King's Men|
|Origin||King's College London|
Gus Nicholson (Musical Director)|
George Rolls (Manager)
All the King's Men (AtKM) is the first and thus far only all-male a cappella ensemble from King's College London. The group was founded in 2009 and has since risen to prominence in the collegiate scene, becoming the first group outside of Oxford and Cambridge to win The Voice Festival UK in 2012.
The group is arguably best known for its 3rd-placed finish at the 2012 International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella
In 2011, after their debut tour to the US visiting several prestigious universities on the East Coast (including Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Columbia, Cornell, Princeton and Tufts), they entered the Voice Festival UK and won their regional round, also claiming the award for 'Outstanding Musicality'. In the final, they won the award for 'Outstanding Performance' with their mashup of Boogie Nights and I Don't Feel Like Dancing. In the summer of that year, they returned to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe receiving several five-star reviews and again performing to sell-out crowds.
On 10 March 2012 All the King's Men won the Final of Voice Festival UK, becoming the first group outside of Oxbridge to do so. They also won the award for 'Outstanding Musicality' in their arrangement of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. On 29 April 2012 they travelled to New York for the ICCA Finals, where they placed third and were officially recognised as the third best collegiate a cappella group in the world.
In the Summer of 2012 they enjoyed sell-out tour at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, performing there for their third time in as many years. Shortly, they will become the first British collegiate a cappella group to tour Asia when they visit Singapore and Hong Kong.
- All the King's Men (2010)
- Putting It Together Again (2011)
- It's Reigning Men! Live from King's College London, Chapel (August 2012)
- "All the King's Men Reign in VF-UK Final". The UK University A Cappella Blog. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- "All the King's Men Place Third in ICCA Finals; SoCal VoCals Win Third Title". The UK University A Cappella Blog. 29 April 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- "The Voice Festival UK University Results". Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "ICCA Finals Archive - Varsity Vocals". Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "All The King's Men - Meet Us". Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Voice Festival UK Results Archived 5 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2 June 2011
- "All the King's Men return to Edinburgh". King's College London. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- All The King's Men US Tour Blog
- "All The King's Men @ The Edinburgh Fringe". All The King's Men Official Website. Retrieved 12 March 2012.