|Founder||Albert Joseph Piantadosi|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California|
Alfred Music is a music publishing company. Founded in New York in 1922, it is headquartered in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California, with additional branches in Miami, New York, Nashville, Australia, Germany, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
The company was founded in New York by composer and musician Albert Joseph Piantadosi in 1922 and purchased in 1928 by violinist Samuel Manus (1883–1948). When clarinetist and pianist Morty Manus (né Morton Manus; 1926–2016) began working for his father's company in the 1950s, he began focusing company efforts on the education market. In 1975, the firm moved to larger offices in Los Angeles. In 1980, with growing sales, the company went international.
Alfred Music was acquired by Peaksware Holdings, LLC in 2016. Ron Manus, of Alfred Music, will remain with Alfred in a new role as chief business development officer, reporting to CEO Gear Fisher.
Behind the Player
- Ferrisi, Dan (29 May 2012). "Ron Manus • CEO, Alfred Music Publishing". The Music & Sound Retailer. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Alfred to purchase Warner Bros. Publications," American Music Teacher, April–May 2005
- "Our History". Alfred Music. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "George Lynch: 'Behind The Player' Dvd Available". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- Alfred Publishing
- Morton and Iris Manus NAMM Oral History Program (2003)
- Ron Manus Interview NAMM Oral History Program (2014)
- Steven Raft Interview NAMM Oral History Program (2014)