|Chairman of the Swiss People's Party|
Assumed office |
April 23, 2016
|Preceded by||Toni Brunner|
7 August 1967|
|Political party||Swiss People's Party|
Rösti entered the Bern Department of Economic Affairs in 1998, and he served as Deputy Secretary General from 2001 to 2003 and as Secretary General from 2003 to 2006. He then became the director of Swiss Milk Producers. Since 2013 he is owner and manager of the bisuiness and politics consulting firm Dr. Rosti GmbH.
From 2007 to 2014, Rösti was president of the Agricultural Information Service (LID). In May 2014. He was elected as the president of Action for a Sensible Energy Policy Switzerland (AVES). In May 2015, Rösti replaced Caspar Baader as the president of Swissoil Switzerland.
Rösti lives in Uetendorf, is married, and has two children.
From 2000 to 2007, Rösti served as the president of Uetendorf chapter of the SVP. Since January 2008 he was a member of the local council of Uetendorf, and in 2014 he became the mayor of Uetendorf, replacing Hannes Zaugg-Graf.
Rösti ran unsuccessfully in 2010 in the Bernese Government elections. He was first elected in the 2011 Swiss federal election to the National Council. For the 2015 Swiss federal election, Rösti 2015 was the campaign manager of the SVP for the federal elections, and he ran unsuccessfully for the Council of States for Bern.
On April 23, 2016, Rösti was unanimously elected as the Chairman of the SVP, replacing retiring Chairman Toni Brunner.
- Zeller, René (January 10, 2016). "Sanft, aber mit Stacheln". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Albert Rösti Wird Präsident der Traditionellen AKW-Lobby". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. May 20, 2014. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Uetendorf: Hannes Zaugg-Graf tritt als Gemeindepräsident zurück - Region: Thun". Bernerzeitung.ch. 2012-12-15. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "SVP Bern Nominiert Rösti". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. November 5, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Albert Rösti Ist Nicht Mehr Kandidat". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. November 18, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Albert Rösti Übernimmt in "Zeiten des Erfolgs"". Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen. April 23, 2016. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- Jürgensen, Nadine (April 24, 2016). "Einer, Der es Taktvoll Mag". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- ""Ich will den Takt angeben als Präsident" - Schweiz: Standard". Tagesanzeiger.ch. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- Biographical entry on the Federal Parliament website (German)
- Personal homepage (German)