|City of Alaminos|
|Nickname(s): The Hundred Islander Capital of the World|
Map of Pangasinan showing the location of Alaminos
Location in the Philippines
|Coordinates: 16°09′37″N 119°58′49″E / 16.16028°N 119.98028°ECoordinates: 16°09′37″N 119°58′49″E / 16.16028°N 119.98028°E|
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|District||1st district of Pangasinan|
|Cityhood||March 28, 2001|
|• Mayor||Arthur F. Celeste|
|• Vice Mayor||Jose Antonio Miguel Y. Perez|
|• Total||164.26 km2 (63.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||520/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PHT (UTC+8)|
|Income class||4th class; component city|
Alaminos, officially the City of Alaminos (Pangasinan: Siyudad na Alaminos; Ilocano: Ciudad ti Alaminos; Filipino: Lungsod ng Alaminos), is a fourth class city in the province of Pangasinan, Philippines. It was named after Juan Alaminos y de Vivar, former Governor-General of the Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 85,025 people. It is bounded by the municipalities of Sual, Bani, and Mabini.
Hundred Islands National Park, a tourism destination composed of +123 small islands, is located off the coast of Barangay Lucap, Alaminos City.
Alaminos was badly hit in May 2009 by Typhoon Emong which damaged a lot of houses in the city, including the roof of the main church. Due to this, several organizations had requested donations and aid to help in restoring the town back to its former self.
The Alaminos Airport is currently being built near the city to service the local area.
Alaminos City is politically subdivided into 39 barangays.
- San Antonio
- San Jose
- San Roque
- San Vicente
- Santa Maria
|Population census of Alaminos City|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Alaminos City Hall (Poblacion)
Legislative Building (Sangguniang Bayan Session Hall)
Colegio San Jose de Alaminos (Poblacion)
Cathedral of Saint Joseph (Poblacion)
Downtown, Alaminos City
- "Cities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Province: PANGASINAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- News - Alaminos City, Philippines
- Joma Sison recalls birth of CPP in Alaminos - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
- "Province of Pangasinan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- Galila Hundred Islands Festival
- "Alaminos, Philippines: Average Temperatures and Rainfall". World Weather Online. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Alaminos donates goods in Marikina". Balita. September 2009.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Alaminos.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alaminos, Pangasinan.|
- Official Website of City Government of Alaminos
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System