Al Dhafra Air Base
|Al Dhafra Air Base|
قاعدة الظفرة الجوية
World Trade Center memorials at Al Dhafra, June 2004
|IATA: DHF – ICAO: OMAM|
|Operator||United Arab Emirates Air Force|
|Serves||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Time zone||UAE Standard Time (UTC+04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||77 ft / 23 m|
|Coordinates||24°14′24″N 054°32′54″E / 24.24000°N 54.54833°ECoordinates: 24°14′24″N 054°32′54″E / 24.24000°N 54.54833°E|
Location in the UAE
Al Dhafra Air Base (Arabic:قاعدة الظفرة الجوية) (IATA: DHF, ICAO: OMAM) is a military installation in the United Arab Emirates. The base is located approximately 20 mi (32 km) south of Abu Dhabi and is operated by the United Arab Emirates Air Force.
The airbase is the headquarters of the Western Air Command of the UAE Air Force. It hosts the UAE Air Force Fighter Wing, comprising the 1st Shaheen Squadron, 2nd Shaheen Squadron, and 3rd Shaheen Squadron (all equipped with F-16E/F Desert Falcon), and the 71st and 76th Fighter Squadrons (both with Mirage 2000-9EAD/DAD).
The United States Air Force's 380th Air Expeditionary Wing has a number of aircraft based here, including: Lockheed U-2S's, McDonnell Douglas KC-10A Extenders, Boeing E-3 Sentrys (AWACS) and Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawks due to the Military intervention against ISIL various other aircraft have been deployed there.
- Airport information for OMAM from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- AirForces Monthly. Stamford, Lincolnshire, England: Key Publishing Ltd. September 2014. p. 7.
- AirForces Monthly. Stamford, Lincolnshire, England: Key Publishing Ltd. May 2015. p. 56.
- AirForces Monthly. Stamford, Lincolnshire, England: Key Publishing Ltd. November 2014. p. 4.
- Al Dhafra Air Base at GlobalSecurity.org
- Current weather for OMAM at NOAA/NWS
- Al Dhafra Air Base at OSGEOINT