Aiken High School (Cincinnati, Ohio)
|Aiken High School|
The new high school under construction in early 2012
5641 Belmont Avenue|
Cincinnati, Ohio 45224
|Coordinates||39°11′29″N 84°33′4″W / 39.19139°N 84.55111°WCoordinates: 39°11′29″N 84°33′4″W / 39.19139°N 84.55111°W|
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Cincinnati Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Purple and White|
|Athletics conference||Cincinnati Metro Athletic Conference|
|Athletic Director||Tony Hemmelgarn|
Aiken College & Career,|
Aiken University HS
Aiken High School is a public high school located Cincinnati, Ohio. The school, which opened in 1962, is part of Cincinnati Public Schools. Aiken houses two programs: Aiken College & Career High School and Aiken University High School.
Starting with the 1995–1996 school year, the school began a pilot program for Cincinnati Public Schools that keeps student classes together from grade 9 to grade 10. Teachers reported higher retention of ninth-grade students.
- Chane Behanan, current college basketball player at the University of Louisville (moved to Bowling Green, Kentucky after his sophomore year)
- Dixon Edwards, NFL linebacker
- Jim O'Brien, NFL place-kicker
- Ike Reese, NFL linebacker
- Scott Service, Former MLB player (Philadelphia Phillies, Montreal Expos, Cincinnati Reds, Colorado Rockies, San Francisco Giants, Kansas City Royals, Oakland Athletics, Arizona Diamondbacks, Toronto Blue Jays)
- Shane Sparks, hip hop choreographer
- David Wilkins, NFL Defensive End
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Griggs, France (2001-01-22). "High schools' future glimpsed at Aiken". The Cincinnati Post. E. W. Scripps Company. Archived from the original on 2005-01-23.