|Government-linked company (GLC)|
|Industry||Banking, financial services|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
Number of locations
|188 branches across Malaysia as of 2016|
Dato' Wan Mohd. Fadzmi bin Wan Othman |
(President/Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Banking and Finance|
Agrobank (formerly known as Bank Pertanian Malaysia) is a Malaysian government-owned bank under the Minister of Finance Incorporated (MFI) focusing on focusing on agricultural development. Agrobank is driven by a policy set forth by the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry.
Agrobank, was created under the Act of the Parliament of Malaysia No. 9/69 on 1 September 1969 as "a development finance institution directly involved in financing the agriculture sector".
On 12 December 2007, the Dewan Rakyat (the Lower House of the Parliament) approved the proposed Bank Pertanian Malaysia 2007 Bill to incorporate Bank Pertanian with a paid-up capital of RM1 billion to enable it to be competitive with other financial institutions and empower it to help develop agriculture as the third engine of growth under the Ninth Malaysia Plan. On 19 December 2007, The Dewan Negara approved the bill.
The bank provides financing solutions for agriculture; including upstream activities such as the supply of agricultural production inputs to downstream activities such as processing and selling of agricultural products to consumers.
Products and services
- Agro Saving
- Agro Saving-i (Islamic)
- Fixed Deposits / Investments
- Agro Perdana
- Agro Perdana-i
- Hartani-i (Tawarruq)
- Ar Rahnu
- Special Advance for Investment Assets-i (SAFIA-i)
- Entrepreneurs capital 1 Malaysia (MUS1M-i)
- Private: Paddy Cash-i
- Replanting SAWIT-i (SAWIT-i)
- Term Financing-i
- Paddy-i (Tawarruq)
- Ease of Working Capital Financing-i (Tawarruq)
- Machinery & Equipment Financing-i (MAEF-i)
- Agro Cash Line-i
- Strategic Alliance Financing-i (SALF-i)
- Financing Programmes
- Fund For Food (3F)
- Agro Bakti Financing Programme
- AGRONet (Retail Internet Banking)
- AGRONetBIZ (Business Internet Banking)
- SELF-SERVICE TERMINAL (ATM/CDM/CQ,/CoDM/Internet Kiosk)
- AgroAgent (Agent Banking Services)
- e-PAYMENT FEES & CHARGES
- Agro Visa Debit Card-i
- Agro VISA Business Debit Card-i
- Bill Payment
- Wasiat (Letter of Will)
- Assessment Tax
- Zakat (Tithe)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Fees and Charges
- Interbank GIRO
- Interbank Fund Transfer (IBFT)
- Agro Mabrur-i
- Letter of Credit-i
- Murabahah Trust Receipt-i
- Trade Working Capital Financing-i (TWCF-i)
- Bank Guarantee-i
- Shipping Guarantee-i (SG-i)
- Documentary Collection
- "Western Union, Agrobank team up to bring reliable, fast payment services". New Sarawak Tribune. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Hari Raj (20 October 2007). "Transforming Bank Pertanian". The Star. Star Media Group Berhad. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Malaysian National News Agency ~ BERNAMA". www.bernama.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Agrobank: Positive outlook for agriculture". The Borneo Post. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016.