|Macrolepiota procera (Agaricales)|
The subdivision Agaricomycotina, also known as the hymenomycetes, is one of three taxa of the fungal division Basidiomycota (fungi bearing spores on basidia). The Agaricomycotina contain some 20,000 species, and about 98% of these are in the class Agaricomycetes, which comprises most of the fungi known as mushrooms, including the bracket fungi and puffballs. Species in the Agaricomycotina that are not Agaricomycetes include the jelly fungi, certain "yeasts", ear fungi, and others; these are gathered together as the classes Tremellomycetes and Dacrymycetes.
- Hibbett DS, et al. 2007. A higher-level phylogenetic classification of the Fungi. Mycological Research 111:509–547.
- Smith, G. M. 1955. Cryptogamic Botany, Vol. I, Algae and Fungi, 2nd Ed. McGraw Hill Book Co., New York. 546 pp.
- Data related to Agaricomycotina at Wikispecies
- Media related to Agaricomycotina at Wikimedia Commons
- Tree of Life Agaricomycotina
- Hymenomycetes at the Tree of Life Web Project