African Americans in Mississippi
|Part of a series on|
|Ethnicity in Mississippi|
Black Americans in Mississippi are residents of the state of Mississippi who are of African ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, blacks were 37.4% of the state's population.
- Big K.R.I.T. - Rapper, record producer
- David Banner - Rapper, record producer, actor, activist
- Mae Bertha Carter - Figure of the African-American Civil Rights Movement (1954–68)
- Chris Epps - Former head of the Mississippi Department of Corrections
- Fannie Lou Hamer - Figure of the African-American Civil Rights Movement (1954-68)
- B.B. King - Musician
- Oprah Winfrey - Television personality
- Jerry Rice - NFL Football Player with the San Francisco 49ers
- Walter Payton NFL Football Player with the Chicago Bears
- Brandy Norwood Singer, actor
- "Mississippi QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau". Quickfacts.census.gov. 2011. Retrieved October 23, 2013.