Milstein Family Foundation
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, United States|
|Adam and Gila Milstein|
Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation (MFF), was founded by Adam and Gila Milstein in 2000 to strengthen the State of Israel, and its special ties with the United States of America; as well as to ensure the Jewish identity along with the special affinity to the State of Israel of the young and future Jewish generations.
History and philosophy
The foundation exists to educate and train students and young professionals to identify with their Jewish roots, connect with the State of Israel, ignite their Jewish pride, and provide them with facts and the knowledge to advocate for the State of Israel and the Jewish people in their schools, campuses, among their friends, and in their communities. The foundation implements three principles as part of its motto of operation: "Active Philanthropy," "Life Path Impact" and "Philanthropic Synergy". Active Philanthropy means that the foundation remains actively involved, investing time and resources to ensure the impact and success of the OPPs they support.
The foundation supports dozens of organizations, 58 of which are listed on its website,.. The Foundation also helped found the Israeli-American Council, of which Adam Milstein was recently named Chairman.
The foundation has created two grants to support students on college campuses. These grants are available to help fund cultural events, coalition-building initiatives, campaigns and social media activism led by students. The MFF also devotes a portion of its resources to organizations, projects and programs focused on younger generations of Americans in both Jewish and non-Jewish communities.
The foundation created two initiatives called Campus Allies Mission to Israel and the Campus Allies delegation to AIPAC’s annual Policy Conference. In partnership with the American-Israel Educational Foundation (AIEF), the educational wing of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the initiatives engage African-American, Christian, and Latino student leaders and educate them to become advocates for Israel. The Campus Allies Mission to Israel is for non-Jewish, pro-Israel student leaders and activists who have not been to Israel and are ineligible for Birthright Israel.
Campus Maccabees Summit
In June 2015, Milstein joined with philanthropists Sheldon Adelson and Haim Saban to organize the inaugural Campus Maccabees summit, which brought together more than 50 pro-Israel organizations to develop a plan of action for combating efforts to boycott the State of Israel, particularly on college campuses.
In December 2015, the foundation partnered with the Israeli Video Network to launch a "Inspired by Israel" video contest. This contest encouraged participants to submit personal videos letting the world see the positive things coming out of Israel. The foundation also provided the staff support and funding behind the Talk Israel App, which launched in December 2015 with the goal to "bring the pro-Israel community together."
- "Who We Are".
- "Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation>". JUSTIA Trademarks.
- "Foundation Directory>". Foundation Center.
- "Adam Milstein". Koss Resource.
- "Active Philanthropist & Pro-Israel Activist".
- Revesencio, Jonha (12 January 2016). "How to Succeed as an Entrepreneur: Lessons From a Multi-Millionaire". Huffington Post. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Board of Directors".
- "Our Mission".
- "Adam Milstein: The making of a philanthropist".
- "'Active' philanthropist Adam Milstein a growing connector in the Jewish world".
- "Why We Set Up the Israeli-American Council". Times of Israel.
- "Growing Organization Helps Israeli Americans Find Their Voice". JNSl.
- "Adam Milstein appointed National Chairman of the Israeli American Council".
- "Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation Offers Two New Grants For Pro-Israel College Students". Market Wired.
- "Adam & Gila Milstein Family Foundation Offers Two New Grants for Pro-Israel College Students". Yahoo Finance.
- "Grants available for campus pro-Israel campaigns". JWeekly.
- "Milstein Family Foundation". Scribd.
- "Active' philanthropist Adam Milstein a growing connector in Jewish world". JNS.org.
- "Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation: Connecting and Getting Involved in the Cause". Kosher OC.
- "A Campus Allies alumna shares her story". Times of Israel.
- "Milstein Family Foundation Campus Allies Mission to Israel".
- "We Will Boycott the Boycotters and Make them Illegal". Arutz 7.
- "Campus Maccabees Formed to Fight Hate Groups on Campus". PRWeb News Release.
- "Israel Video Network Launches 'Inspired by Israel' Video Contest". The Algemeiner.
- "Talk Israel App Launches with Up-to-Date News".