Adam Miller (baseball)
Born: November 26, 1984|
Miller graduated from McKinney High School in 2003 and was selected by the Cleveland Indians as a sandwich pick (31st overall) in the 2003 Major League Baseball Draft. After a strong campaign in 2004 with Lake County and Kinston, elbow problems in 2005 slowed down his rise through the ranks. Miller only managed 15 starts combined between Mahoning Valley and Kinston.
Healthy again and rated as the organization's top prospect by Baseball America, his journey toward the big leagues resumed in 2008. He started the 2008 season as a starting pitcher with the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons after being placed on the 40-man roster for the Cleveland Indians in November 2007.
In 2009, Miller had reconstructive surgery on the middle finger of his throwing hand. As of December 2009, Miller had four surgeries to various parts of his right arm. Miller has returned to AA Akron with the Indians organization, where reports have him hitting 94-96 MPH on the radar gun. The Indians declined to offer him a major league contract by the December 2009 non-tendering deadline, but signed him to a minor league contract December 13.
On January 4, 2012, Miller signed a minor league contract with the New York Yankees, receiving an invitation to spring training.
Miller played with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball in 2013. He signed a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians to return to Minor League Baseball on March 18, 2014.
On December 18, 2014, the Pittsburgh Pirates signed Miller.
- "Minor League Baseball: Stats: Player: Adam Miller". MiLB.com. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- Kline, Chris (January 16, 2009). "Top Ten Prospects: Cleveland Indians". Baseball America. Archived from the original on 14 January 2010. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- Castrovince, Anthony (November 19, 2007). "Tribe takes precautionary measures". MLB.com. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- Kline, Chris (October 24, 2007). "Arizona Fall League Notebook: Oct. 24". Phoenix, Arizona: Baseball America. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- Castrovince, Anthony (December 9, 2009). "Pair of surgeries brings bad news for one". MLB.com. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- Castrovince, Anthony (December 13, 2009). "Tribe ink Reyes, Miller to Minors deals". MLB.com. Archived from the original on 16 December 2009. Retrieved December 15, 2009.
- Yankees sign three to minor league deals - Sports - The Times-Tribune
- Yankees sign INF Russell Branyan, RHP Manny Delcarmen, INF Bill Hall, LHP Hideki Okajima and OF Dewayne Wise to Minor League contracts | yankees.com: News
- Indians bring back former prospect Miller
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Stats from minorleabuebaseball.com