Type of site
|Database and community|
|Created by||Henrik Franzon|
|Alexa rank||588,650 (July 2016)|
|Registration||Forum only, optional and free|
Acclaimed Music is a website created by Henrik Franzon, a statistician from Stockholm, Sweden in September, 2001. Franzon has statistically aggregated hundreds of published lists that rank songs and albums into aggregated rankings by year, decade and all-time. Lists that are submitted by readers to magazines or websites are excluded from the aggregation. Author Michaelangelo Matos writes that "Franzon's methods are imperfect, but as indicators of overall critical appeal go, it's hard to beat."
According to the site's most recently updated aggregated lists, Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys is the most highly rated album of all time, and "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan is the most highly rated song of all time. According to the site The Beatles is the most acclaimed band, Bob Dylan is the most acclaimed male artist, and Madonna is the most acclaimed female artist.
- Matt Rosoff, "The critics vs. the people" cnet.com September 12, 2007 CNET
- "acclaimedmusic.net Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- Michaelangelo Matos, Prince's Sign O' the Times google.com Bloomsbury Publishing USA, Mar 31, 2004
- Carys Wyn Jones, The Rock Canon: Canonical Values in the Reception of Rock Albums google.com p.27 Ashgate Publishing, Ltd., 2008
- Steve Sullivan, Encyclopedia of Great Popular Song Recordings, Volume 2 google.com p.viii Scarecrow Press, Oct 4, 2013
- Andy Breeding, The Music Internet Untangled: Using Online Services to Expand Your Musical Horizons p.108 google.com Giant Path Pub., 2004
- Scott Miller, Music p.87 google.com 125 Records, 2010
- Henrik Franzon, "Questions & Answers" acclaimedmusic.net Archived February 13, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Henrik Franzon, "Top 3000 Albums" acclaimedmusic.com Archived August 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. August 21, 2015
- Henrik Franzon, "Top 3000 Songs" acclaimedmusic.com Archived August 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. August 21, 2015