Abortion in Estonia
Estonia allows abortion on-demand for any purpose, before the end the 11th week of pregnancy. Later abortions are permitted up to the 21st week (included) if the woman is younger than 15 years old or older than 45 years old, if the pregnancy endangers the woman's health, if the child may have a serious physical or mental defect, or if the woman's illness or other medical problem hinders the child's development.
Women who want to have an abortion for personal reasons not specified in the abortion legislation will be expected to pay a fee according to the abortion provider's price list. Abortion performed for medical reasons is covered for insured persons by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund.
- Estonia - ABORTION POLICY - United Nations
- "Raseduse katkestamise ja steriliseerimise seadus" (in Estonian). Elektrooniline Riigi Teataja. 25 November 1998.
- "abort - haigekassa.ee" (in Estonian). Estonian Health Insurance Fund. 28 February 2011.
- Estonia: abortion rates by county, 2000-2006
- "Abortide arv langeb jätkuvalt". ERR.
- "World Abortion Policies 2013". United Nations. 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.