|Length:||29 mi (47 km)|
The A482 road is a major route in the Welsh counties of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire. It connects Aberaeron on the coast (junction with the A487 road) and the A40 road at Llanwrda near Llandovery and is 29 miles (47 km) in length.
At one time the A482 started at the western end from Newcastle Emlyn rather than Aberaeron. The modern road from Aberaeron to Lampeter was originally known as the B4340. By 1927 that stretch had been upgraded to become the A4115, then in 1935, during a widespread revision of road numbering, the Newcastle Emlyn to Lampeter road became the A475 and the number A482 was allotted to the Aberaeron to Lampeter road. At the eastern end of the road, the original terminus was with the A481 in Landovery, half a mile from where that road joins the A40. This changed with the 1936 revision and the eastern terminus of the A482 was rerouted to Llanwrda.
The road is generally orientated from northwest to southeast. The northwesterly terminus is at Aberaeron on the coast of Cardigan Bay, where it branches off the A487. This stretch of road is in pleasant countryside in the Aeron Valley. It passes the Grade 1 listed manor house of Llanerchaeron near Ciliau Aeron, the B4339 branches off to the right and the A482 continues on to the village of Ystrad Aeron where the B4342 branches off to the right. It continues through the village of Temple Bar, Ceredigion after which it enters Lampeter and is joined by the A485 Tregaron road. Within a few hundred metres the A475 Cardigan, Ceredigion road branches off to the right and just south of the town the A482 crosses the River Teifi and enters Carmarthenshire and the A485 Carmarthen road branches off to the right. Still travelling southeastwards, the A482 climbs to higher elevations and passes through grasslands and wooded areas. It crosses the River Cothi at Pumsaint and continues winding through rural scenery to join the A40 at Llanwrda.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to A482 road (Wales).|