|Length:||18.9 mi (30.4 km)|
|West end:||Newcastle Emlyn|
The A475 leaves Lampeter southwestwards from a junction with the A482 and passes through the hamlet of Pentre-Bach and the village of Llanwnnen, where it is crossed by the B4337 Llanrhystud to Edwinsford road. This section of the road has a number of ascents and descents as it crosses the valleys formed by the tributaries of the River Teifi. It passes through the villages of Drefach, Ceredigion and Cwmsychbant, then is crossed by the B4459 Talgarreg to Pencader, Carmarthenshire road. The road continues to Pren-Gwyn and a junction with the B4476 road to Llandysul. At Horeb the A475 is crossed by the A486 New Quay to Saron road. The road passes through Penrhywllan, Aber-banc and Llandyfriog, and in Adpar reaches a roundabout junction with the B4571 and B4333 roads. After crossing the River Teifi into Newcastle Emlyn town centre in Carmarthenshire the road ends at a junction with the A484 in Water Street.
The road was laid out as a Turnpike by the Cardiganshire Turnpike Trust, set up in 1770, and a number of milestones can still be seen along it. The turnpike gates were at Lampeter and at Adpar. Both were wrecked during the Rebecca riots.
Hazards and Incidents
On 11 September 2001 a council lorry collided with a school bus near the Horeb crossroads. A number of children and three adults were treated for shock and minor injury, but no one was seriously injured. In the same year a young couple died when their car left the road near Lampeter. A review of speed limits was called for in 2013 following an accident on the road, which was referred to by a local driver as "a death trap". The A475 was classed by the Road Safety Foundation in 2011 as a Low-medium risk road; the classification was increased in 2014 as Medium risk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to A475 road (Wales).|
- Concise Road Atlas: Britain. AA Publishing. 2015. pp. 36–37. ISBN 978-0-7495-7743-8.
- Ceredigion Atlas Hanesyddol, Cymdeithas Lyfrau Ceredigion Gyf, Aberystwyth 1969
- "SABRE A475 (Swansea - Carmarthen)". Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "SABRE A475". Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Pupils hurt in school bus crash". BBC Wales. 11 September 2001. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Two die in car followed by police patrol". Daily Mail. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Speed limit review calls". Cambrian News. 2 October 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Road Safety Foundation 2007-2011" (PDF). Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Road Safety Foundation 2014" (PDF). Retrieved 18 March 2015.