|Factorization||2 × 41|
|Divisors||1, 2, 41, 82|
- the twenty-third biprime and the twelfth of the form (2.q).
- a companion Pell number.
- a happy number.
- palindromic in bases 3 (100013), 9 (1019) and 40 (2240).
- a Harshad number in bases 3 and 9
- the eighth composite number in the 43-aliquot tree.
- Messier 82, a starburst galaxy in the constellation Ursa Major
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 82, a single star in the constellation Andromeda
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -293 April 22 and ended on 969 May. The duration of Saros series 82 was 1262.1 years, and it contained 71 solar eclipses. The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -0208 September 21 and ended on 1289 March 8. The duration of Saros series 82 was 1496.5 years, and it contained 84 lunar eclipses.
In other fields
Eighty-two is also:
- The atomic number of lead.
- In physics, the sixth Magic Number.
- The model number of: Mark 82 bomb, a nonguided general purpose bomb.
- The number of the French department Tarn-et-Garonne.
- The code for international direct dial phone calls to South Korea.
- The ISBN Group Identifier for books published in Norway.
- Title of Dennis Smith's book about firefighters: Report from Engine Co. 82.
- The year AD 82, 82 BC, or 1982.
- The number of Trip Murphy's (Matt Dillon) car in Herbie Fully Loaded (2005).
- The second studio album by African electropop outfit Just A Band (2009).
- The number (*82) to unblock your caller ID for phones that block anonymous incoming calls.
- The very significant number that appears at the end of Kurt Vonnegut's book "Hocus Pocus".
- Both the NBA and NHL operate 82-game regular seasons.
- In Major League Baseball, the number of games a team must win to secure a winning season.