|Also known as||
4th Impact (previously known as The Cercados, Gollayan Sisters, MICA and 4th Power) is a Filipino girl group formed in late 2001. The group is composed of sisters Almira, Celina, Irene and Mylene Cercado. The sisters were born in Santiago, Isabela, but later moved to Manila. They are known for participating in several Philippine and South Korean talent shows, including the World Championships of Performing Arts, which they won twice. Performing in Protegé, they were mentored by Jay R, but were one of the first acts to be eliminated. They were also contestants on It's Showtime, winning the sixth season, and Superstar K6, where they reached eighth place. In 2015, they traveled to the United Kingdom and competed in the 12th series of The X Factor, finishing in fifth place.
2001–13: Talent shows
Almira, the eldest member of the group, began competing in Filipino reality talent shows at a young age. She was one of the contestants in Star for a Night which was won by Sarah Geronimo. Almira received a voice lesson scholarship for being a grand finalist in a local TV singing contest. Before the formation of the group, she released independent singles and tried to teach her sisters all she learned from her voice lessons. She competed in singing competitions at town fiestas and festivals, while the other sisters competed in dance contests.
In 2001, an aunt suggested the sisters form a singing group. Originally, they named themselves 'The Cercados' after their surname and began performing at festivals and events. The group debuted professionally in 2006. They won 16 gold medals and were proclaimed Junior Grand Vocal Group Champion in the World Championships of Performing Arts. In 2008, they competed on Pinoy Idol, but were eliminated in the first round. In the same year, the group released a six-track self-titled EP from Viva Records. In 2009, they changed their name to 'The Gollayan Sisters' and competed in various reality singing competitions. In 2012, the group won the Filipino variety show It's Showtime, singing covers of "I Believe I Can Fly" and "Queen of the Night". In 2013, the group competed in the World Championships of Performing Arts and won again, this time as the Grand Winner in the Senior Vocal Group Category.
2014–15: Superstar K and The X Factor
In 2014, the group changed their name to MICA, an acronym formed from the first letters of their names, when they auditioned for the internationally recognized Korean talent competition Superstar K6. In the first stage of the competition, the group sang "U&I" by Ailee, while the lead singer, Almira, also performed a solo of the Beyoncé song "Listen". The performances received positive reviews from the judges and the group moved to the next round. During the third round, the sisters performed their own rendition of Idina Menzel's song "Let It Go" from the Disney movie Frozen. Their performance went viral on social media and YouTube, garnering over 20 million views. After competing in various knock-out stages, MICA was eliminated after the second round of "Super Week". The judges decided to bring them back as a wildcard and the group, along with 11 other acts, progressed to the live show stage of the competition. They were eliminated in Week 3, finishing in eighth place overall.
In 2015, the sisters changed the group's name to 4th Power and auditioned for the 12th series of the X Factor, singing "Bang Bang". They received a standing ovation from the audience and all four judges, with Simon Cowell saying, "In terms of first auditions, this is probably one of the best I've ever seen." After airing, their audition went viral on YouTube and Facebook. However, copyright issues were raised regarding the use of the name 4th Power, forcing the group to change their name to 4th Impact. They performed "Show Me How You Burlesque" for the "Six Chair Challenge" round and their mentor, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, selected them as one of her final six groups. They then progressed to the Judge's Houses round, where they sang "Love the Way You Lie (Part II)" after which they were selected to perform at the live shows.
In the fifth week of the contest, 4th Impact found themselves in the bottom two for the first time, meaning they were one of the two acts who received the fewest votes. They performed "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Holliday against Murray for the judges to decide who would be saved. The judges' votes were equal, so the public vote was consulted and 4th Impact were eliminated in fifth place, having received the fewest votes that week. After the announcement, Celina collapsed on stage and was taken to hospital.
|Superstar K6 performances and results|
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Result|
|First Audition||Contestant's Choice||N/A||Advanced|
|Third Audition||"Let It Go"||Idina Menzel|
|Super Week, Part 1||Solo Performance||"Missing You"||2NE1|
|Super Week, Part 2||Group Performance||"I'll Be There" (with Kim Hyeon Mi)||The Jackson Five||Eliminated|
|Super Week, Part 3||Wildcard Round||"Heaven"||Ailee||Advanced|
|Live Show 1||Top 11||"Maria"||Kim Ah Joong||Safe|
|Live Show 2||Top 9||"Fate" / "Destiny"||Lee Sun Hee||Safe|
|Live Show 3||Top 8||"I Know"||Seo Taiji||Eliminated|
|The X Factor performances and results|
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Result|
|Audition||Own choice||"Bang Bang"||Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj||Advanced|
|Bootcamp stage 1||Group performance||"Proud Mary"||Tina Turner|
|Bootcamp stage 2||Own choice||"Titanium"||David Guetta featuring Sia|
|Six-chair challenge||Own choice||"Show Me How You Burlesque"||Christina Aguilera|
|Judges' houses||Own choice||"Love the Way You Lie (Part II)"||Rihanna featuring Eminem|
|Live show 1||This Is Me||"Problem"||Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea||Safe (2nd)|
|Live show 2||Reinvention||"Sound of the Underground" / "The Clapping Song"||Girls Aloud / Lincoln Chase||Safe (5th)|
|Live show 3||Movie week||"Work It Out"||Beyoncé||Safe (4th)|
|Live show 4||Love and heartbreak||"Ain't No Other Man"||Christina Aguilera||Safe (4th)|
|Live show 5||Jukebox||"I'll Be There"||The Jackson 5||Bottom two (5th)|
|Judges' choice||"Fancy" / "Rich Girl"||Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX / Gwen Stefani featuring Eve|
|Live show 5 results||Sing-off||"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"||Jennifer Holliday||Eliminated (fifth place)|
2016: The X Factor Tour
In 2016, the sisters travelled on their first official tour, The X Factor Live Tour, along with Louisa Johnson, Reggie 'n' Bollie, Lauren Murray, Che Chesterman, Anton Stephans, Mason Noise and Seann Miley Moore.
| "My All"
(명콤비 Twinz featuring MICA)
|2006||World Championships of Performing Arts||Contestant||Season 2|
|2008||Pinoy Idol||Contestant||"Auditions: Metro Manila" (Season 1, episode 4)|
|2011||Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break||Contestant||"Auditions" (Season 1, episode 3)|
|2012||It's Showtime||Contestant||Season 1|
|2013||World Championships of Performing Arts||Contestant||Season 11|
|2014||Superstar K||Contestant||Season 6|
|2015||The X Factor||Contestant||Season 12|
- Miller, Adam. "The X Factor 2015 - Everything you need to know about 4th Impact | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "4th Impact to get signed? Girls have had 'loads of offers'". Telly Mix. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "4th Impact NAMES & AGES (BEST)". YouTube. 2015-11-25. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "X Factor UK sensations 4th Power are renamed 4th Impact". Thenational.ae. 2015-10-20. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "4th Impact. 1st Time Talk with Dj Brad 2013 Part1/2". Readable. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Filipina Singing Group MICA: Part of Superstar K6's Top 11 | From Korea with Love". Chrissantosra.wordpress.com. 2014-10-03. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "The X Factor 2015: Who are 4th Power? Here's what we know about the girl band who wowed the judges | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. 2015-08-29. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "From It's Showtime to The X-Factor UK: '4th Power' Sisters Get 'The Biggest 4 YESes'". Random Republika. 2015-08-31. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- Kelly, Emma (2015-09-02). "X Factor girl band 4th Power have shocking talent show past exposed | X Factor | Judges, Contestants, News & More". Daily Star. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "X Factor 2015 in fix row as girl band 4th Power have been on FOUR talent shows before | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. 2015-08-30. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "4th Power raise the roof with Jessie J hit | Auditions Week 1 | The X Factor UK 2015". YouTube. 2015-08-29. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "XF 2015: Girl band 4th Power forced to change name after legal dispute". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "X Factor: 4th Power STEAL the show at Six Chair Challenge!". Unreality TV. 2015-10-11. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "4th Impact sing their way to X Factor UK's top 12". The National. 2015-10-26. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "4th Impact eliminated from The X Factor UK". The National. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "4th Impact's Celina 'ok now' after on-stage collapse on X Factor". Hellomagazine.com. 2015-11-30. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "X Factor: PETITION to land 4th Impact a record deal!". Unreality TV.
- "4th Impact to get signed? Girls have had 'loads of offers' - The X Factor 2016 - Telly Mix". Telly Mix.
- "The X Factor 2016 live tour - extra dates added!". ITV. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "The Cercados - The Cercados". Amazon. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "명콤비TwinZ featuring MICA – My All". Discogs. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "Focus on the Philippines: fans lobby for 4th Impact to perform at Pacquiao fight". The National. Retrieved 2012-07-18.