3rd Division (Estonia)
|Engagements||Estonian War of Independence|
|First commander||Major-General Ernst Põdder|
|Last commander||Major-General Herbert Brede|
The 3rd Division of the Estonian Army, was one of the four Estonian divisions created during the Estonian War of Independence, which was active till the Soviet occupation of Estonia. Since the restoration of independence in 1991 there are no divisions currently among the Estonian Defence Forces.
The 3rd Division staff was based in Tallinn. Since February 1, 1940, the division was made up by the Harju Military District and Lääne-Saare Military District.
Order of battle
The unit order of battle in 1939:
- Automobile-Tank Regiment
- 5th Artillery Group