2nd Division (Estonia)
|Engagements||Estonian War of Independence|
|First commander||Colonel Viktor Puskar|
The 2nd Division, was one of the four Estonian divisions created during the Estonian War of Independence, which was active till the Soviet occupation of Estonia. Since the restoration of independence in 1991 there are no divisions currently among the Estonian Defence Forces.
The 2nd Division staff was based in Tartu. Since February 1, 1940, the division was made up by the Tartu Military District and Võru-Petseri Military District.
Order of battle
The unit order of battle in 1939:
- 7th Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Single Infantry Battalion
- 3rd Single Infantry Battalion
- 8th Single Infantry Battalion
- Kuperjanov Partisan Battalion
- Cavalry Regiment
- 3rd Artillery Group
- 4th Artillery Group