23 May 2016 Yemen bombings
|23 May 2016 Yemen bombings|
Part of the Aden unrest and the|
Yemeni civil war (2015–present)
|Date||23 May 2016|
|Target||Army recruits, potential army recruits|
|Multiple bombings, suicide bombings|
|Deaths||45+ (+2, maybe more)|
|Perpetrator||Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant|
On 23 May 2016, two suicide bombings, conducted by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, killed at least 45 potential army recruits in Aden, Yemen. The first attack, which targeted a lineup, killed 20. The second attack, which occurred inside the base, killed 25. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack. The attack was preceded by the 2016 Yemen Police bombings in the Yemeni city of al-Mukalla, which killed more than 48 people and injured over 60.
- List of terrorist incidents, January–June 2016
- Yemeni civil war (2015–present)
- 2016 Yemen Police bombings
- June 2016 Mukalla attacks
- August 2016 Aden bombing
- "Reports: At least 45 killed in Yemen suicide bombings". USA Today. 23 May 2016.
- "ISIL blamed for deadly blasts in Yemen's Aden".