2017 Pro Bowl
|Date||January 29, 2017|
|Stadium||Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida|
|TV in the United States|
|Announcers||Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden, & Lisa Salters|
The 2017 Pro Bowl is the National Football League's all-star game for the 2016 season which will be played at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida on January 29, 2017. The game will be televised nationally by ESPN. After 3 years of a "drafted" format, the NFL announced that it would return to the "conferenced" format previously used for 42 years.
Host selection process
- Aloha Stadium in Hawaii, the site of the Pro Bowl from 1980–2009, 2011–2014, and 2016.
- NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, the site of Super Bowl LI.
- Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida, a city where ESPN parent company The Walt Disney Company has its Walt Disney World operations.
- An unidentified stadium (likely either Sydney Football Stadium or Stadium Australia) in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Sydney, while it did submit a bid, was considered a long shot due to time zone concerns.
- Mario Filho Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The stadium, which had recently been renovated for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics, was discussed as a potential hosting site for the event, but Brazil ultimately declined to place a bid.
The game will be televised nationally by ESPN, which has the exclusive broadcast rights to the Pro Bowl until 2022.
Westwood One radio will broadcast the game nationally.