2015 WNBA draft
The 2015 WNBA draft was the league's draft for the 2015 WNBA season. The Seattle Storm picked first.
This year's draft was unusual in that two players with remaining college eligibility declared for the draft—Jewell Loyd of Notre Dame, who had one year of eligibility remaining, and Amanda Zahui B. of Minnesota, with two years remaining. Both players were draft-eligible by virtue of their births in 1993; under current draft rules, players who turn 22 in the calendar year of the draft can declare themselves eligible even if they have not completed college eligibility. Before this season, only two players with remaining college eligibility had ever entered the WNBA draft, and only one of these did so before her fourth college season (Kelsey Bone in 2012).
The lottery selection to determine the order of the top four picks in the 2015 draft occurred on August 21, 2014. The team that would get the first pick would be the winner of the lottery.
Below were the chances for each team to get specific picks in the 2015 draft lottery, rounded to three decimal places:
The WNBA announced on April 13, 2015 that 12 players had been invited to attend the draft. Unless indicated otherwise, all players listed are Americans who played at U.S. colleges.
- Brittany Boyd, California
- Reshanda Gray, California
- Dearica Hamby, Wake Forest
- Isabelle Harrison, Tennessee
- Brittany Hrynko, DePaul
- Samantha Logic, Iowa
- Jewell Loyd, Notre Dame
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Connecticut
- Kiah Stokes, Connecticut
- Aleighsa Welch, South Carolina
- Elizabeth Williams, Duke
- Amanda Zahui B., Minnesota
|| Denotes player who won Rookie of the Year|
- ↑ Feinberg, Doug (April 15, 2015). "Jewell Loyd, Amanda Zahui B. shake up WNBA draft". The Denver Post. Associated Press. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- ↑ Morris, Benjamin (April 27, 2015). "Women's College Basketball Is Better Than Men's". FiveThirtyEight. Retrieved June 7, 2016.
- ↑ Seattle Storm win WNBA draft lottery, secure No. 1 pick - ESPN
- ↑ "Loyd, Mosqueda-Lewis Headline List of Top College Prospects to Attend WNBA Draft 2015 Presented by State Farm" (Press release). WNBA. April 13, 2015. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- ↑ "Seattle Storm 2015 Team Transactions". espn.go.com. ESPN. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- ↑ Fever Acquire Shenise Johnson From Stars
- ↑ WNBA.com: Seattle Storm Win Top Pick in 2015 WNBA Draft Presented by State Farm