2013 Tour of Flanders
|2013 UCI World Tour, race 8 of 28|
|Date||31 March 2013|
|Distance||256 km (159.1 mi)|
|Winning time||6h 06' 01"|
|Winner||Fabian Cancellara (SUI)||(RadioShack–Leopard)|
|Second||Peter Sagan (SVK)||(Cannondale)|
|Third||Jürgen Roelandts (BEL)||(Lotto–Belisol)|
The 2013 Tour of Flanders was the 97th edition of the Tour of Flanders single-day cycling race, known as one of the Monument classics. It was held on 31 March 2013 over a distance of 256 kilometres (159.1 miles) from Bruges to Oudenaarde, and was the eighth race of the 2013 UCI World Tour season.
The race was won for the second time by RadioShack–Leopard rider Fabian Cancellara, after he made a solo attack with around 15 km (9.3 mi) remaining of the race, on the race's final cobbled climb of the Paterberg. Second place went to Peter Sagan of the Cannondale team, while third place went to Lotto–Belisol's Jürgen Roelandts; both of those riders had been in a group with Cancellara before his move, and eventually finished nearly one-and-a-half minutes behind Cancellara.
First lap of the circuit (red) and transition to the second lap (green).
Second lap of the circuit (red) and transition to the third lap (green).
Third lap of the circuit (red) and final (green).
As the Tour of Flanders was a UCI World Tour event, all UCI ProTeams were invited automatically and obligated to send a squad. Originally, race organisers had been planning to have the eighteen ProTeams invited to the race, with seven other squads given wildcard places, and as such, would have formed the event's 25-team peloton. Team Katusha subsequently regained their ProTour status after an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Rather than removing one team from the race to accommodate Team Katusha, race organisers sought approval from the Union Cycliste Internationale to invite 26 teams of 8 riders, and a maximum peloton of 208 riders; this proposal was granted prior to the race.
|Cyclist||Team||Time||UCI World Tour|
|1||Fabian Cancellara (SUI)||RadioShack–Leopard||6h 06' 01"||100|
|2||Peter Sagan (SVK)||Cannondale||+ 1' 27"||80|
|3||Jürgen Roelandts (BEL)||Lotto–Belisol||+ 1' 29"||70|
|4||Alexander Kristoff (NOR)||Team Katusha||+ 1' 39"||60|
|5||Mathieu Ladagnous (FRA)||FDJ||+ 1' 39"||50|
|6||Heinrich Haussler (AUS)||IAM Cycling||+ 1' 39"||–|
|7||Greg Van Avermaet (BEL)||BMC Racing Team||+ 1' 39"||30|
|8||Sébastien Turgot (FRA)||Team Europcar||+ 1' 39"||–|
|9||John Degenkolb (GER)||Argos–Shimano||+ 1' 39"||10|
|10||Sebastian Langeveld (NED)||Orica–GreenEDGE||+ 1' 39"||4|
- "Uitslag / Résultat / Result" (PDF). Tour of Flanders. Flanders Classics. 31 March 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Beaudin, Matthew (28 March 2013). "Course Preview: Return to the new Ronde van Vlaanderen route". VeloNews. Competitor Group, Inc. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Decaluwé, Brecht (31 March 2013). "Cancellara wins Tour of Flanders". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Moore, Kyle (31 March 2013). "Cancellara powers away on the Paterberg to another Ronde van Vlaanderen victory". VeloNation. VeloNation LLC. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Fabian Cancellara wins 2013 Tour of Flanders". VeloNews. Competitor Group, Inc. 31 March 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "CAS orders WorldTour licence for Katusha". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "UCI confirms 19 WorldTour teams for 2013". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Tour of Flanders invites 208-rider peloton". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Tour of Flanders 2013 start list". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2013 Tour of Flanders.|