|Goals scored||515 (2.83 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Ole Martin Årst (16 goals)|
|Biggest home win||
Rosenborg 6-0 Odd Grenland|
(25 September 2005)
Lyn 6-0 Bodø/Glimt
(29 October 2005)
|Biggest away win||
Odd Grenland 0–5 Rosenborg|
(29 May 2005)
Start 4-5 Aalesund|
(15 October 2005)
|Longest winning run||
|Longest unbeaten run||
|Longest winless run||
|Longest losing run||
|Highest attendance||24,894, at home match of Vålerenga|
|Lowest attendance||3,051, at home match of Odd Grenland|
The Tippeligaen is a football league in Norway. Its 2005 season began on 10 April 2005, and was concluded with the last of 26 rounds played on 29 October. 3 points were given for wins and 1 for draws.
Vålerenga, the winner of this year's season entered the second round of next year's Champions League qualification, while the runners-up (Start), number 3 (Lyn) and the Norwegian Cup winners enter the UEFA Cup qualification round. The top four teams qualified for the 2004–05 Royal League.
Number thirteen (Aalesund) and fourteen (Bodø/Glimt) were relegated, while number twelve (Molde) had to play two qualification matches (home and away) against number three (Moss) in Adeccoligaen (where number one and two are directly promoted) for the last spot in next year's season. Molde won the qualification matches.
The greatest surprises of the 2005 season were the great performance of Start, promoted to the Tippeligaen in the 2004 season and ended up winning silver, and the disappointing performance of Rosenborg which fought against relegation from the Premier League after winning it for 13 straight seasons.
1,726,145 people attended the matches, a new record for the Tippeligaen and 300,000 more than the previous year. It is also more than twice as many as in 1995, when only 841,717 attended the matches during the whole season.
|Qualified for the UEFA Champions League|
|Qualified for the UEFA Cup¹|
|Qualified for the UEFA Intertoto Cup|
|Relegated to Adeccoligaen|
- Bodø/Glimt and Aalesund were relegated.
- Stabæk and Sandefjord were directly promoted.
- Molde won playoff against Moss, 5-2 on aggregate.
- Match 1: Moss 2-3 Molde
- Match 2: Molde 2-0 Moss
- Vålerenga goes to 2006–07 UEFA Champions League qualification round
- Start (2nd), Lyn (3rd) and Molde (Norwegian Cup winner) go to 2006–07 UEFA Cup qualification round
- Vålerenga (1st), Start (2nd), Lyn (3rd) and Lillestrøm (4th) qualify for 2005–06 Royal League
- 16 goals:
- 14 goals:
- 13 goals:
- 11 goals:
- 10 goals:
- 9 goals:
- 8 goals:
- "Tippeligaen - 2005". WhoScored.com. WhoScored.com. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Tilskuertall Tippeligaen 2005". nifs.no (in Norwegian). A-pressen. Retrieved 9 May 2013.