1967 New York Giants season
|1967 New York Giants season|
|Head coach||Allie Sherman|
|Home field||Yankee Stadium|
|Division place||2nd NFL Century|
|Playoff finish||did not qualify|
The 1967 New York Giants season was the 43rd season for the club in the National Football League. The Giants improved from 1–12–1 the previous season to 7–7, ane finished in second place in the NFL Eastern Conference/Century Division.
- March 7, 1967 – The Minnesota Vikings traded quarterback Fran Tarkenton to the New York Giants in exchange for the Giants' first and second round picks in the 1967 NFL draft, first round pick in 1968, and third round pick in 1969.
|1||September 17, 1967||at St. Louis Cardinals||W 37–20|| |
|2||September 24, 1967||at Dallas Cowboys||L 24-38|| |
|3||October 1, 1967||at Washington Redskins||L 34-38|| |
|4||October 8, 1967||New Orleans Saints||W 27–21|| |
|5||October 15, 1967||at Pittsburgh Steelers||W 27–24|| |
|6||October 22, 1967||Green Bay Packers||L 21-48|| |
|7||October 29, 1967||Cleveland Browns||W 38–34|| |
|8||November 5, 1967||at Minnesota Vikings||L 24-27|| |
|9||November 12, 1967||at Chicago Bears||L 7-34|| |
|10||November 19, 1967||Pittsburgh Steelers||W 28–20|| |
|11||November 26, 1967||Philadelphia Eagles||W 44–7|| |
|12||December 3, 1967||at Cleveland Browns||L 14-24|| |
|13||December 10, 1967||Detroit Lions||L 7-30|| |
|14||December 17, 1967||St. Louis Cardinals||W 37–14|| |
|New York Giants||7||7||0||.500||5–1||7–3||369||379||W1|
|St. Louis Cardinals||6||7||1||.462||1–4–1||4–5–1||333||356||L2|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
|New York Giants 1967 final roster|
| Special Teams
Awards and honors
- Homer Jones, Franchise Record, Most Receiving Yards in One Season, 1,209 Yards
- NFL 2001 Record and Fact Book, Workman Publishing Co, New York,NY, ISBN 0-7611-2480-2, p.283
- NFL 2001 Record and Fact Book, Workman Publishing Co, New York,NY, ISBN 0-7611-2480-2, p. 257
- "Giants trade draft picks for Tarkenton". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Florida. Associated Press. March 8, 1967. p. 18.
- NFL 2001 Record and Fact Book, Workman Publishing Co, New York,NY, ISBN 0-7611-2480-2, p. 130