|Centuries:||14th century · 15th century · 16th century|
|Decades:||1400s · 1410s · 1420s · 1430s · 1440s · 1450s · 1460s|
|Years:||1431 · 1432 · 1433 · 1434 · 1435 · 1436 · 1437|
|1434 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1434 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2187|
|English Regnal year||12 Hen. 6 – 13 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||癸丑年 (Water Ox)|
4130 or 4070
— to —
甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
4131 or 4071
|- Vikram Samvat||1490–1491|
|- Shaka Samvat||1355–1356|
|- Kali Yuga||4534–4535|
|Japanese calendar||Eikyō 6|
|Minguo calendar||478 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1976–1977|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1434.|
- April 14 – The foundation stone of Nantes Cathedral in Nantes, France, is laid.
- May 30 – Hussite Wars – Battle of Lipany: The Catholics and Ultraquists defeat the Taborites, ending the Hussite Wars.
- June 19 or 20 – Zara Yaqob becomes Emperor of Ethiopia.
- Late June – Miner Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson begins a Swedish rebellion against king Eric of Pomerania (named the Engelbrekt rebellion after him), eventually leading to the deposition of the king.
- July 10–August 9 – Suero de Quiñones and his companions stage the Passo Honroso at the Órbigo in León.
- August 16 – King Eric of Pomerania is deposed from the Swedish throne at a meeting in Vadstena. He still retains power in Denmark and Norway, though.
- September – Cosimo de' Medici returns to Florence one year, to the day, following his exile by the Alberti and Strozzi faction.
- October 19 – The University of Catania is founded in Italy.
- Jan van Eyck paints the Arnolfini Portrait.
- Explorer Gil Eanes rounds Cape Bojador in Western Sahara, thus destroying the legends of the "Dark Sea".
- Portuguese traders deliver their first cargo of African slaves to Lisbon.
- In Ming Dynasty China, a long episode of drought, flood, locust infestation, and famine cripple agriculture and commerce in areas throughout the country until 1448.
- The Puke feud in Sweden.
- January 7 – Adolf, Duke of Bavaria (d. 1441)
- March 12 – William III, Count of Henneberg-Schleusingen (d. 1480)
- March 19 – Ashikaga Yoshikatsu, Japanese shogun (d. 1443)
- March 25 – Eustochia Smeralda Calafato, Italian saint (d. 1485)
- June 13 – Cristoforo della Rovere, Roman Catholic cardinal (d. 1478)
- September 18 – Eleanor of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress (d. 1467)
- September 23 – Yolande of Valois, Duchess consort of Savoy (d. 1478)
- December 28 – Antonio Grimani, Italian admiral (d. 1523)
- May 30
- June 1 – King Wladislaus II of Poland
- June 19 – Alexandra of Lithuania, Duchess of Masovia
- November 12 – King Louis III of Naples (b. 1403)
- date unknown