|Cardinal||one hundred seventeen|
(one hundred and seventeenth)
|Divisors||1, 3, 9, 13, 39, 117|
117 is the smallest possible length of the longest side of a Heronian tetrahedron (one whose sides are all rational numbers).
117 is a pentagonal number.
In base 10, 117 is a Harshad number.
In other fields
One hundred seventeen is also:
- "117" is the number of the Halo series's protagonist Master Chief.
- The atomic number of Tennessine.
- A substitute for the number 17, which is considered unlucky in Italy. When Renault exported the R17 to Italy, it was renamed R117.
- The number to call Guardia di Finanza for customs/financial/border police in Italy
- The fire emergency telephone number in Portugal
- 1-1-7 is the national emergency telephone number in the Philippines. This will be changed to 9-1-1 on August 1, 2016.
- The police emergency telephone number in Switzerland
- The code number of agent Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath in OSS 117.
- Psalm 117 is the exact middle chapter of the King James version of the Bible.
- F-117 is the designation of the first operational stealth attack aircraft.
- The 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team averaged 117 points per game.
- In The Mystery of Element 117 (1949) by Milton Smith, a window is opened into a new "hyperplane of hyperspace" containing those who have already died on earth.
- The Japanese telephone company NTT provides a non-free speaking clock on the nationally universal number 117.
- Ivars Peterson, "Perfect Pyramids" MAA Online July 28, 2003
- Weisstein, Eric W. "Heronian Tetrahedron." From MathWorld--A Wolfram Web Resource. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HeronianTetrahedron.html
- "Sloane's A000326 : Pentagonal numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Sloane's A005349 : Niven (or Harshad) numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- Niederman, Derrick (2009), Number Freak: From 1 to 200- The Hidden Language of Numbers Revealed, Penguin, p. 10, ISBN 9781101135488.
- Alvarez, Chito (July 22, 2016). "DILG to implement 'Emergency hotline 911' in August". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 117 (number).|