|Česká pošta, s.p.|
|Industry||Postal services, courier|
|Headquarters||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Martin Elkán (Chairman)|
|Services||Letter post, parcel service, EMS, delivery, freight forwarding, third-party logistics|
Number of employees
Czech Post (Czech: Česká pošta) is the state owned postal company of the Czech Republic. With its headquarters in Prague, the corporation has around 31,000 employees. Czech Post primary serves in the Czech Republic but also delivers to other countries.
State enterprise Česká pošta was established on January 1, 1993 at the same time Czechoslovakia was dissolved. It was separated from the Slovenská pošta as well as from the telecommunications administrations.
- December 31, 1992 - from the decision of the Minister of Economy No 378/1992 of December 16, 1992 in paragraph II, the Administration of Posts and Telecommunications, sp (SPT, sp) Prague divided into two separate companies (Česká pošta, sp, and SPT Telecom, sp).
- January 1, 1993 - the emergence of Česká pošta, p. p.
- 1993 - implementation of APOSTu (automatic postal system) started
- May 29, 1999 - canceled outpatient method of sorting items (i.e. the way in which the Czech Post staff shipments processed during the trip), all the processing of mail from now take place only in the collection transport nodes or SPU (Sběrných přepravních uzlů) or at post offices.
- April 1, 2005 - the supervision of the Česká pošta in charge of Czech Telecommunication Office
- September 1, 2005 - a certificate of accreditation for the provision of digital signature.
- November 24, 2005 - a decision the Czech Telecommunications Office was awarded the Czech post office for the period from January 1, 2006 – December 31, 2008 postal license.
- September 1, 2006 was at the request of the Czech Telecommunications Office renamed 593 Post so that the mail contains the name consistently modified the name of municipality (without specifying the attributes), except in the villages with the name composed of names of the two villages where the name of the mail, include only the name of one of the parts.
- October 1, 2006 - from the decision of the Director General of the Česká pošta, sp, was canceled the operation of the branch plant, OZ shipping and commercial services and OZ VAKUS (acronym from the original name of Computer and control switchboard connections).
- November 22, 2006 - The Supervisory Board discussed the proposal of Česká pošta conversion into a limited company, and instructed the Director-General Karl Kratina further development of the project.
- April 1, 2007 - came into force a decision of the Director General of Czech Post, sp, which at March 3, 2007 Postal canceled transport and transport hubs in the collection of the branches of plants and April 1, 2007 within the framework of establishing a section of the Directorate General of postal traffic in the scope of the newly established collection transportation hubs.
A new SPU was opened in Brno in May 2007, replacing three former centres in Brno, Břeclav and Jihlava. Later in 2007 the government approved a plan to transform Česká pošta into a joint stock company, effective mid-2009. In March 2012, legislation was passed to remove the last monopoly from the service, exclusive delivery of items under 50 grams. This legislation came into effect in January 2013. Martin Elkán became the new CEO of Česká pošta in June 2014. In July 2014, Elkán announced a plan to franchise approximately 200 smaller post offices within the Czech Republic, with 49 franchises already in operation.
Under the scope of the Directorate-General is currently 7 branches and 11 factories collection transport nodes or SPU (Sběrných přepravních uzlů):
- Central Bohemia (01)
- South Bohemia (02)
- West Bohemia (03)
- Northern Bohemia (04)
- East Bohemia (05)
- South Moravia (06)
- Northern Moravia (07)
- "Police and Czech Post top employers in Czech Republic". Radio Prague. 8 March 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- Pavel Janík: Česká pošta s. p. na Linuxu, prezentace systému APOST, automatizace pošt, 2004
- EQCetQzfluef72g Download datových souborů, seznam pošt, poštovních schránek, poštovních směrovacích čísel, poštovní podmínky, tiskopisy atd.
- Z nařízení ČTÚ mění Česká pošta názvy 593 pošt, změny od 1. 9. 2006, včetně excelového souboru se seznamem změn
- "Pošta má nové centrum za 1,2 miliardy". novinky.cz (in Czech). 2 May 2007. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Pošta se v roce 2009 změní na akciovou společnost". euro.cz (in Czech). 10 December 2007. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Lower house passes new postal service act". Radio Prague. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Czech Post diversifying its business interests in the face of an uncertain future". Radio Prague. 2 May 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Elkán named CEO of Czech Post". Radio Prague. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Czech Post wants hundreds of small outlets franchised". Radio Prague. 13 July 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2016.