List of active Ukrainian Navy ships
This list of naval ships of Ukraine includes major naval ships which are in service or were recently unlisted in the Ukrainian Navy. As of December 2007, the Navy had 27 combat ships and cutters. The current composition of the Ukrainian battle fleet consists entirely of former Soviet Black Sea Fleet ships.
The shipbuilding industry was stalled after the fall of the Soviet Union. The revival of the industry took place after the Orange Revolution when, on 9 August 2005, the Cabinet of Ukraine provided funding for the national program "Corvette" that was initiated by Minister of Defense Anatoliy Hrytsenko. The first warship built in the independent Ukraine is expected to be completed in 2016.
As of 24 March 2014, all of the major ships but one (the frigate Hetman Sahaydachniy) of the Ukrainian Navy were captured by the Russian Black Sea Fleet. Most of the ships listed as active were returned to Ukraine following the takeover of Crimea by Russia. In 2015 Ukraine received 5 Willard Marine patrol boats, the original order was placed in 2013.
|Warships (2 in service)|
|Krivak||Frigate||U130 Hetman Sahaydachniy||Ukraine||1993|
|Grisha||Corvette||U206 Vinnytsia||Soviet Union||1976||Vinnytsia was returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 19 April 2014.|
|Fast attack crafts (2 in service; 2 suspended)|
|Matka||Missile boat||U153 Pryluky||Soviet Union||1980||Ship returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 7 May 2014. Pryluky is currently redeployed in Odessa.|
|Zhuk||Patrol boat||U170 Skadovsk|| Soviet Union|
|Gurza-M||U174 Berdyansk||Ukraine||pending||The both new Gurza-M boats were suspended to be commissioned after testing. (July 2016)|
|Special purpose (5 in service)|
|Ondatra||Landing cutter||U763 Svatove|| Soviet Union|
|Yevgenya||Minesweeper||U-360 Henichesk||Soviet Union||1985||Ship returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 20 May 2014|
|Polnocny-C||Mid-size landing ship||U-401 Yuri Olefirenko||Poland||1971||Ship returned to the Ukrainian Navy from Crimea on 19 April 2014|
|Amur||Command/SAR ship||U-500 Donbas||Poland||1969||Returned to the Ukrainian Navy on 18 April 2014|
|Muna||Reconnaissance ship||U-512 Pereyaslav|| Soviet Union|
|Yaroslavets||Tug boat||Yaroslavets (U172)||Soviet Union||?|
|Yaroslavets (U173)||Soviet Union||?|
|Sorum||Seagoing tug||U-830 Korets|
|Goliat||Seagoing tug||U-831 Kovel|
|Bereza||Degaussing ship||U-811 Balta||Poland||1987||Returned to the Ukrainian Navy on 19 April 2014|
|Onega||Hydroacoustic monitoring||U-812 Sieverodonetsk||1987|
|Moma||Geographic ship||U-602 Alchevsk|
|PO-2||Training boat|| U-540 Chyhyryn |
U-542 Nova Kakhovka
|?||Training gunboat||U-543 Voznesensk|
|419||AHTS vessel||U-852 Shostka||East Germany||1976||Returned to the Ukrainian Navy on 19 April 2014|
|Yuniy Partizan||Freight ship||U-753 Horlivka||Hungary||1965|
|Toplivo||Tanker||U-760 Fastiv||Soviet Union||1981|
|Boda||Depot ship||U-756 Sudak||Soviet Union||1957|
|Роzharnу||Fire boat||U-722 Borshchiv||Soviet Union||1954|
|Slava||Missile cruiser||1||61 Communard Shipyard||Ukraine Mykolaiv||Soviet Union Severnoye||Launched (1990), unfinished 75% (2015), waiting to be sold|
|Volodymyr Velykyi||Corvette||1||Black Sea Shipyard||Ukraine Mykolaiv||Ukraine Shipbuilding Center||Laid down (2011), ready 17% (2015), three more contract signed (2005)|
|Gurza||Patrol cutter||4||Leninska Kuznya||Ukraine Kyiv||Ukraine Shipbuilding Center||Laid down (2016), 12 more in plans|
|Centaur||Landing craft||2||Leninska Kuznya||Ukraine Kyiv||Ukraine Shipbuilding Center||Contract signed (2016)|
- Ukrainian Armed Forces 2007 White Book p.111
- Laying of Corvette. youtube video. May 19, 2011
- On approval of the Concept of the State defense program shipbuilding class "corvette" on the project 58250. Government order 176-2011-р. March 9, 2011
- One-Ship Ukraine Navy Defies Russia To The End: Minesweeper Dodges Larger Force for Weeks in Crimea; WALL STREET JOURNAL March 26, 2014; Philip Shishkin (Link is to online version of article as accessed on April 5th, 2014)
- "Willard Marine Wins Order To Supply Patrol Boats To International Navies". Homeland Security Today.
- "На военно-морской базе в Одессе осваивают американские катера для спецназа.". Information Resistance.
- "All Ukrainian battle ships left Sevastopol Bay and Donuzlav Lake". www.kyivpost.com. 2014-04-19. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Russia Returns 5 More Navy Ships to Ukraine". en.ria.ru. 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Ukrainian Missile Cutter Pryluky Finishes First Sailing after Redeployment". navaltoday.com. 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Порошенко в Одессе переименовал "Кировоград" (ФОТО)". Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- "Auxiliary ship Donbass returns from trials". moryaukrainy.livejournal.com. 2015-08-10. Retrieved 2016-02-22.
- "After leaving Crimea, the Ukrainian navy has partially renewed its fighting capability". mignews.com.ua. 2014-06-10. Retrieved 2016-02-22.
- Ministry of Defense signed a contract on construction of two landing crafts Centaur. Ukrainian Military. 24 May 2016
- Ships of the Black Sea Fleet(Russian)
- Hardus, M. The harsh reality: is Ukraine ready to fight at sea (Суровая реальность: готова ли Украина воевать на море). "Apostrof". 29 January 2016.